Losing a pet can be really depressing especially when you dearly loved them. Most pet owners would often go through a dreadful experience that most psychologists would call as “disenfranchised grief” which is the pain of a loss that is not acknowledged or supported by the society openly. This grief can eventually result to a […]
Exercise has been known to be good for our bodies. Have you ever imagined how exercising can be good for your relationship too? You can strengthen your marital bonds and the abs at the same time. That’s killing two birds with one stone.
When we exercise a stress hormone known as cortisol is released. The next time you are angry at your spouse, don’t yell, jog it off.
When you exercise your body calms down and gives you the time to look the situation from a perspective of your partner. It also gives you time to think about what made you unhappy or angry in the first place. Other than making your bodies feel better, and reducing the anger, exercising has an effect on you sexual desire. Testosterone production is increased due to exercising the large muscle group of the body in men and women. This will in turn increase libido and improve performance sexually. There are some exercise couples can do to improve the blood flow in the body especially below the waist. This include lunges, pelvic tilts and squat. This will improve the sexual performance which also burns more calories.
In case you are looking for a workout that you can do outside your house, there are lots and lots of options. The best thing is to find something that is keeping with your dynamic and both of you love it.
One negative effect that this can cause if one partner becomes obsessed with his/her own physique. The other partner may start to feel inferior and this affects the relationship negatively. This would seem to be like a competition of who is better, and there is no thing that brings down a relationship fast than this.
If you rub this on your partners face, it will negatively affect your relationship and you may end up having more quarrels than fun in the relationship. It may even create between you and your partner.
If your spouse needs some little encouragement before getting up and going, you should be by her side giving it to her. That’s how you will have an advantage over people who do it alone. Being able to hold account for someone else can be a huge motivator.
Filed in: Fitness Girl
Losing a pet can be really depressing especially when you dearly loved them. Most pet owners would often go through a dreadful experience that most psychologists would call as “disenfranchised grief” which is the pain of a loss that is not acknowledged or supported by the society openly. This grief can eventually result to a clinical depression, poor self-esteem, as well as withdrawal, making healthful methods and strategies really important to processing of having to lose a pet animal.
“While we all feel sad at the death of a pet, what associates that loss into our lives and triggers the sadness is the act of mourning,” Wolfe claims. It is extremely vital to recognize all of the feelings that were associated with having to lose a pet like anger, sadness, belief, as well as regret. These are considered normal and deserve expression according to Wolfe. If one bottles up those intense feelings, it can greatly result to feeling deeply hurt and is very stressful for the body which, in turn, can make that person more vulnerable to sickness and other conditions.
Here are five helpful ways on how to say goodbye properly and cope with having to lose a pet that you loved:
- Celebrate their life. Putting up a memorial service can give a safe space not only for you but for others that also loved your pet to share stories, as well as express their feelings and emotions openly. You might want to consider holding even just a little life ceremony celebration at your home or try contacting a funeral home for pets. Commemorating the life of your pet can help you say your goodbyes.
- Have a break. You might want to rest and take a day or two off from work to gain that sense of equilibrium in you back. A lot of people go through mental disorientation and lethargy after their pet died.
- Have someone to lean on. Surround yourself with people who truly understand what you are going through and are willing to be there to support you. One good example of this is to engage yourself in a pet loss support group or paying a visit to a grief counselor that can help you work out your feelings and emotions.
- Do not neglect your health and protect it. Take note that emotional stressors consume a massive amount of energy from the body. Resulting to a number of people to suffer weak immune systems and a series of illness during grief. Even though one is going through a hard time, loss of appetite or having trouble going to sleep, giving the body energy through water, food and rest are vital to keeping yourself healthyand feeling a lot better emotionally.
- Avoid paying a visit to the pet store. According to Wolfelt, you must fight off the urge to go to a pet store and get yourself a new one so you will not miss the other that died. It is important that you should only consider having a new pet in your life once you are really ready to be attached to him without comparing the old to the new. Give yourself about six months to move on and process the death of your pet before getting yourself a new one.
Filed in: Healthy Life
We all find ourselves in a position where we have to make a decision though each decision usually has a downside. It does not matter if the decision concerns getting a new job or choosing a new place. According to research that has been carried out, most people are likely to make their decisions according to their emotions as opposed to using objective facts when there is some urgency involved.
A study was conducted where around one hundred students were requested to try and visualize a situation where they had graduated and had landed a new good job. They were then asked to pick out a one bedroom apartment where they would like to live if that were to happen in a month. Most of the people chose apartments based on their feelings. They were appealing in terms of color and smaller. Very few made choices objectively by choosing large apartments which were better.
Making decisions based on your emotions is not entirely a bad thing. This is mainly because of the fact that you are likely to spend more time in an apartment where you feel happier regardless of how far you have to commute to get there. However, it is also important to ensure you choose the place for the right reasons and that is where being objective comes into play. Here are five strategies that you need to follow when making a decision.
Make sure you have limited options
We are all happier when we have fewer choices to pick from. This means, if you are looking for an apartment to rent or looking to pick an apartment to rent, it is easier to decide when we limit it to fewer options to pick from. You can narrow your list to three of the best ones and this makes it easier fro you to do comparisons without being overwhelmed.
Do not go overboard with a pro/con list
It is helps to have a list for pro and cons but this can also make you end up ignoring clues that you get from your subconscious. It may concern a job that looks like it has great positives but the boss you are likely to work under is bad. Having a list for pro and cons which has a great number of pros may make one choose to take up such a job regardless of how you feel about having a bad job.
Test Your choice before settling for it
People test drive cars all the time before buying them just to be sure that they are making the right choice. You should also test your choice first to see if it is worth it. If it is a school or apartment, you should probably go to that school fro a day and see how things are run. You can also go into that apartment and check it out to see whether you like it.
Look at the past
The past can help you judge the future. You can look back to how you have handled a similar situation in the past and how well you were able to cope in that situation. This will basically help you feel confident about your ability to cope with your decision.
Get a routine
When you have a routine that you stick to, things are easier for you rather than when you are operating without a schedule. You do not have to get stuck trying to make decisions and that is why having a routine will help you out. The fewer decisions you have to make the better for you since you will have all the focus you need to tackle other matters.
Filed in: Healthy Life